BE SURE TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE
TO KEEP INFORMED OF THE CURRENT EVENTS, ACTIVITIES AND NEWS!
GO TO "WHAT'S NEW", THEN CLICK "NEWSLETTER" THEN "SUBSCRIBE TO NEWSLETTER"
TEN WAYS TO RUIN A TOWN
Attitudes play an important role in community development and economic prosperity. The following list appeared in the Keith County News recently and is an excellent example of the kinds of attitudes to avoid in the quest to make Weeping Water, Nebraska a better place to live.
1. Attend no meetings of any kind. Criticize the way "they" are doing things.
2. Remind others at all times of the cold winters...hot summers...and ruggedness required of those who live here.
3. Complain about the police service, fire department, chamber of commerce, and other governmental and civic groups.
4. Keep convincing yourself that your attendance at school programs, service clubs, concerts, ball games, exhibits, and benefit programs is not important--you will never be missed.
5. Knock your city council...talk up the "kick-backs" the politicians at city hall must be getting.
6. Stay away from church. You might attend on Easter Sunday or during the Christmas season just to reassure yourself that all who attend are hypocrites.
7. Purchase most of you requirements out of town or through discount and mail order catalogs. These firms are the first to come forth with donations and service to your community.
8. Remind others that your local newspaper and radio station are no good...that they miss more local news than out-of-town papers and stations get by accident.
9. Remember that all kids are delinquents, all businessmen are crooks, and that uncomplimentary remarks about the town are the order of the day.
10. Above all, always be skeptical, cynical, and negative about anything that is designed for the community's progress and betterment...your motto should be "If it's good, it can't happen here."
IF YOU SEE YOURSELF IN THE ABOVE, DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT. TRY WORKING FOR DEVELOPMENT--YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
CITY OF WEEPING WATER
Weeping Water Monthly Calendar
Fire Department Meeting - 1st Monday of the month - 7:00 p.m.@ Weeping Water Fire Barn
All dogs and cats are to be licensed by May 1st of each year. Pet License fees are now $7.00 each
As a result of the completion of the Auditorium Renovations the City Offices have moved to 101 West Eldora Avenue (in the east end of the Auditorium). The Auditorium is now available for rental, Rental Fee is $250. For Additional Information and to obtain the Rules & Regulations for Building Use, please contact City Hall at 267-5152.
A list of contributors Auditorium renovation project include the following:
The Foundation is continuing its efforts to seek other donations and available grants. Anyone wishing to contribute toward the building renovation may send donations to The Weeping Water Community Building Foundation, P.O. Box 329, Weeping Water, NE 68463
In order to help protect the privacy and safety of local citizens, the Weeping Water City Council recently adopted an ordinance prohibiting door-to-door salesmen or solicitors. If you should be approached by a solicitor, please report it to the Cass County Sheriff's Office by calling the non-emergency number at 296-9370. Any details regarding personal, company, and vehicle identification will be helpful for the Sheriff's Department in tracking these people down. These provisions DO NOT APPLY to residential sales persons who have an established route, such as Schwans's, Avon, etc.The provisions also DO NOT APPLY to local non profit organizations such as school or church fundraisers.