Weeping Water Community Newsletter
August 29, 2007
Weeping Water High School Football Team Wins Big
Weeping Water High School had their first varsity football game last Friday. The game took place in Weeping Water vs. our rivals, Conestoga. You could definitely see all of the players were excited and maybe a little nervous for the game, but they didn’t show they were nervous at all while they played.
Weeping Water started off with a fast lead and by halftime Weeping Water was ahead 28-0. After the halftime entertainment from the Weeping Water Cheerleaders and Dance Team, the players were ready to get back onto the field. By the end of the third quarter Weeping Water had scored again and brought the score up to 35-0.
To start off the fourth and final quarter of the game, Coach Kezeor decided to send some younger players into the game to give them experience. With 5 minutes left on the clock, freshman Austin Boyd ran in 40 yards for a touchdown, making the final score 41-0. The crowd went wild! It was a perfect ending to a perfect game. The players played wonderfully throughout the whole game. Even with a couple players injured, Weeping Water still pulled through with a well-deserved win.
Weeping Water’s defense working hard.
Huddling up to decide the next play.
Weeping Water Cheerleaders and fans cheering the team onto victory.
The final score for a great first game of the season.
Don’t Forget: There will be no school on Labor Day, Monday, September 3, for Weeping Water Public School. Enjoy your long weekend!
American Red Cross Blood Drive
Weeping Water Community Blood Drive
Where: Weeping Water United Methodist Church
(Sponsored by the First Christian Church of Weeping Water)
When: Thursday, August 30, 2007
Time: 1:00 pm-6:30 pm
For an appointment call Keith at 267-5544
*The gift of life runs through you. Give blood*
Crusaders Gospel Group
Weeping Water First Christian Church
Of Southern Gospel Music
Saturday, September 8th at 7:00 PM
306 H St.
Weeping Water, NE
Free Will offering Concert
For more information on this concert or would like to start a concert series for your church or music organization contact:
Ken & DeAnn Johnson
402-269-5508 or 269-5058 firstname.lastname@example.org
Annual Golf Outing
Sponsored by: Weeping Water Public School Foundation
Saturday, September 15, 2007
Syracuse Country Club
8:00am Shotgun start
Check in 7:00am-8:00am
4 Player Scramble, flighted.
Cost is $60.00 per person
(Includes green fees, cart rental-if reserved by September 1st, flight prizes, flag prizes, and lunch catered by Annette’s Catering)
Team total: $240.00
Guaranteed registration deadline is September 7, 2007. Golf carts available by reservation only before September 1st.
Please contact Doug Barlow at 267-5203 to reserve your cart.
This annual event will assist in providing scholarships and grants for students and alumni of Weeping Water Public School District.
Mail a completed form (available at the school or other businesses around town) and a check to:
Weeping Water Public School Foundation
P.O. Box 326
Weeping Water, NE 68463
Amanda Flanagan is now taking registrations for the 2007-2008 dance year. Classes for students age three years old and up will be offered in tap, jazz, and ballet. Classes will be held at 103 Northeast Street in Weeping Water.
Classes will be held on Tuesday and Thursday evenings, and possibly Saturday mornings. Classes are one hour once a week with a recital at the end of the year. Classes will average our to four per month at $20.00 a month due at the first class of each month. After registrations are returned I will be putting classes together and mail out further information for each student. If you have any questions please call Amanda at 402-616-6952.
If interested please return a registration form available at the school and other businesses in town to:
201 East Eldora
Weeping Water, NE 68463
To the Head Start Room at Weeping Water School
New Weeping Water Rescue Squad Members Wanted
Weeping Water Rescue is looking for a few good people to join the Rescue Squad!
• Must be of good moral character (State EMS rules).
• Must live in Weeping Water fire district (includes Manley).
• Must have been a resident for 6 months or more.
• Must be at least 19 years of age.
• Must be in good physical condition.
• You will start the “Ride Along Program.”
• You must have a membership approval to join the “Ride Along Program.”
• After the “Ride Along Program” is completed you can be approved to join the squad.
• If approved, you will attend an EMT training class.
• After completion, you must pass the National Registry Exam to become a State Certified EMT and become eligible to take care of patients.
Contact any Weeping Water Rescue Squad member or call 267-3405 to obtain further information and an application
Cass County Renegades
Summer marks the beginning of the season for the semi-pro Cass County Renegades football team. Weeping Water football field is the home field for the Cass County Renegades. The Cass County Renegades encourage youth involvement by having game activities, events, contests, prizes, and giveaways at their home games. The Renegades also offer youth football camps. Come support our local football team!
2007 Renegades Schedule:
June 16 at Minnesota Lumberjacks
June 23 South Dakota Lawdawgs
June 30 Kansas Kaos
July 7 at NE T-Birds
July 14 at South Dakota Lawdawgs
July 21 Iowa Eagles
July 28 at K.C. Panthers
August 4 K.C. Titans
August 11 Minnesota Stampede
August 18 NE T-Birds
August 25 St. Louis Bulldogs
September 8 at Kansas Kaos
September 15 at K.C. Titans
September 22 at St. Louis Bulldogs
**Tickets for the game are only $5**
Kickoff for home games is 7:30 pm
Weeping Water Ball field
Fun Holidays of the Week-An excuse to celebrate everyday!!
~ I found a wonderful website full of funny holidays for every day of the year so I decided to share these silly holidays with all of you!~
- Wednesday, August 29: Mary Poppin’s Birthday
- Thursday, August 30: National Toasted Marshmallow Day
- Friday, August 31: Princess Diana Memorial Day
- Saturday, September 1: American Chess Day
- Sunday, September 2: Bowling Shirt Day
- Monday, September 3: National Wilderness Day
- Tuesday, September 4: Eat an Extra Dessert Day
- Thursday, August 30
- American Red Cross Drive @ United Methodist Church
- High school softball game (JV, V) @ Nehawka @ 5:00pm and 6:30pm
- High school volleyball game (C, JV, V) @ Palmyra @ 5:30pm, 6:15pm, and 7:00pm
- High school cross country meet-Charlie Thorell Invite @ 4:00pm
- Friday, August 31
- Junior high cross country meet @ Johnson County Central @ 8:40am
- High school cross country meet @ Johnson County Central @ 9:00am
- High school football game (V) @ Wilber-Claytonia @ 7:00pm
- Saturday, September 1
- o High school volleyball Booster Club Tournament @ Weeping Water @ 9:00am
- Monday, September 3
- Labor Day
- No school for Weeping Water Public School
- Firefighter’s meeting @ 7:00pm
- Tuesday. September 4
- High school football (JV) @ Weeping Water @ 6:30pm
- Rescue squad meeting @ 7:00pm
- Legion meeting @ 7:00pm
- Instrument night for 5th and 6th grade students @ 7:00pm
Note From the Editor: If you have any newsworthy items that you would like to include in the Weeping Water newsletter, feel free to send the information to me at Editor@WeepingWaterNebraska.com