BE SURE TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE
TO KEEP INFORMED OF THE CURRENT EVENTS, ACTIVITIES AND NEWS!
GO TO "WHAT'S NEW", THEN CLICK "NEWSLETTER" THEN "SUBSCRIBE TO NEWSLETTER"
TEN WAYS TO RUIN A TOWN
Attitudes play an important role in community development and economic prosperity. The following list appeared in the Keith County News recently and is an excellent example of the kinds of attitudes to avoid in the quest to make Weeping Water, Nebraska a better place to live.
1. Attend no meetings of any kind. Criticize the way "they" are doing things.
2. Remind others at all times of the cold winters...hot summers...and ruggedness required of those who live here.
3. Complain about the police service, fire department, chamber of commerce, and other governmental and civic groups.
4. Keep convincing yourself that your attendance at school programs, service clubs, concerts, ball games, exhibits, and benefit programs is not important--you will never be missed.
5. Knock your city council...talk up the "kick-backs" the politicians at city hall must be getting.
6. Stay away from church. You might attend on Easter Sunday or during the Christmas season just to reassure yourself that all who attend are hypocrites.
7. Purchase most of you requirements out of town or through discount and mail order catalogs. These firms are the first to come forth with donations and service to your community.
8. Remind others that your local newspaper and radio station are no good...that they miss more local news than out-of-town papers and stations get by accident.
9. Remember that all kids are delinquents, all businessmen are crooks, and that uncomplimentary remarks about the town are the order of the day.
10. Above all, always be skeptical, cynical, and negative about anything that is designed for the community's progress and betterment...your motto should be "If it's good, it can't happen here."
IF YOU SEE YOURSELF IN THE ABOVE, DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT. TRY WORKING FOR DEVELOPMENT--YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
CITY OF WEEPING WATER
101 West Eldora Avenue, Weeping Water, NE 68463, (402) 267-5152
Weeping Water Monthly Calendar
Fire Department Meeting - 1st Monday of the month - 7:00 p.m.@ Weeping Water Fire Barn
Rescue Squad Meeting - 1st Tuesday of the month - 7:00 p.m. @ Weeping Water Rescue Barn
City Council - 2nd Monday of the month - 6:00 p.m. @ City Hall
School Board - 2nd Wednesday of the month - 7:30 p.m. @ Weeping Water School
Planning Board - last Tuesday of the Month following the end of the quarter at 7 p.m. at City Hall
Chamber of Commerece - 3rd Tuesday of the month - noon -location to be announced
Library Board - Library Board - 4th Monday of the month in January, March, May, July, September, & November - 5:00 p.m. @ Library
Friends of the Library - 4th Monday of the month in January, March, May, July, September, & November - 6:00 p.m. @ Library
All dogs and cats are to be licensed by May 1st of each year. Pet License fees are now $8.00 each
Animals that are picked up by the Humane Officer will be posted at City Hall. Current proof of vaccination and licensing along with payment of the assessed fine and boarding fees will be required before a captured animal will be released.
As a result of the completion of the Auditorium Renovations the City Offices have moved to 101 West Eldora Avenue (in the east end of the Auditorium). The Auditorium is now available for rental, Rental Fee is $250. For Additional Information and to obtain the Rules & Regulations for Building Use, please contact City Hall at 267-5152.
A list of contributors Auditorium renovation project include the following:
WEEPING WATER COMMUNITY BUILDING FOUNDATION
AUDITORIUM RENOVATION PROJECT
LIST OF CONTRIBUTORS
GOLD CONTRIBUTORS - $5,000 AND ABOVE
Jerry & Janet Joyce
John Domingo (in memory of Frank & Mildred Domingo)
Martin Marietta Aggregates
Weeping Water Community Boosters
City of Weeping Water- Sales Tax Allocation
Nebraska Department of Economic Development
Berneice Hopper Trust
Rick & Wanda Gibson
Eugene & Lenora Day Trust
Midlands Community Foundation
Cass County Tourism
Union Pacific Foundation
SILVER CONTRIBUTORS - $1,000-$4,999BRONZE CONTRIBUTORS - $500-$999
Jim & Mary Owens (in memory of Frank & Mildred Domingo)
Heartland Community Bank
Ken & Alice Lauritzen
Leo & Valera Horn
Chuck & Marilyn Spohr
Weeping Water Chamber of Commerce
Ronald & Camilla Svoboda
Stop N Shop, Inc
Clarence & Eva Schmadeke
Help Our Town Inc
Cherry Hill Co., In Memory of Jerry Joyce
Dr. Thomas & Kay Kassube
Alan, Denise, Michaela & Eric Horn
Dave & Lori Pankonin
Mr. & Mr. Alfred Trook
Linda Conrad Insurance Agency, Inc.
Steve & Verna Meisinger
Rod & Helen Mather
Barbara Wiles Behling
Richard & Bonnie Nannen
OTHER MISC. DONATIONS/BRICK PURCHASES
Don & Susie Colbert
John & Lois Meeske
Jerry & Dorothy Pointer
Keckler Oil Company
Esther Ellis Trust
Gary & Andree Wade
James & Opal Wiles
Harley & Donna Rector
WW PEO Chapter
State Farm Insurance
Tammy’s Soap Shack
Weeping Water Lion Club
Mary’s This N That
Nebraska Crop Tops
PCS Employee Match
Friends & Family of Holly Neumeister
Hauschild Family Trust
Charlie & Kay Gerdes
The Family of Vicki Anderson Murphy
Patrick & Adelay Idler
Deane & Mary Lou Nutzman
Perry & Mary Wise Russell
Scott & Cindy Spilinek
Bill Neumeister Family (in memory of Fritz Neumeister)
Floyd & Sharron Westover
Terry & Sharon Heneger
Jim & Dorothy Murphy
Weeping Water Women’s Club
The Family of Irvin & Helen Hauschild
The Meeske Family
Weeping Water Girl Scouts
Wyman & Debbie Mather
Rick & Romona Moore
Nat & Shirley Adamonis
Stanley & Alice Miller Family
Ken & Connie Eidenmiller
Jerico Services Inc
Harold & Marilyn (Carnes) Fick
Harley & Donna Rector
WW Garden Club
John & Lynn Boomer
Lanny & Susan Ludwick
James & Gail Sperry
Walt & Marilyn Kassube
Wayne & Norma Rupp
Mark & Mary Jeter
Gerald & Beverly Liess
Irene Patton Memorials
David & Sonia Meredith
Richard & Luella Meyer
Delbert & Diana Puls
The Foundation is continuing its efforts to seek other donations and available grants. Anyone wishing to contribute toward the building renovation may send donations to The Weeping Water Community Building Foundation, P.O. Box 329, Weeping Water, NE 68463
In order to help protect the privacy and safety of local citizens, the Weeping Water City Council recently adopted an ordinance prohibiting door-to-door salesmen or solicitors. If you should be approached by a solicitor, please report it to the Cass County Sheriff's Office by calling the non-emergency number at 296-9370. Any details regarding personal, company, and vehicle identification will be helpful for the Sheriff's Department in tracking these people down. These provisions DO NOT APPLY to residential sales persons who have an established route, such as Schwans's, Avon, etc.The provisions also DO NOT APPLY to local non profit organizations such as school or church fundraisers.